Looking for a great gluten-free pancake recipe? Our Dietitian, Julie Brodrick, shares her gluten-free fruity pancake recipe, just in time for Mother’s Day breakfast in bed!
For the Pancake Batter
- 2 cups of gluten free multipurpose flour
- 1 cup of milk (Lactose Free or Almond milk for the lactose intolerant Mums)
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of bicarb soda
- a pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 1 mashed, ripe banana
- spray olive oil for cooking
- Natural Potset yoghurt
- Frozen or fresh blueberries
- ½ a banana
- Sunflower kernel
- Honey or Maple syrup
- In a large bowl sieve the flour, bicarb soda and salt. Mix to combine.
- In a separate bowl lightly whisk the eggs with a fork, add milk and vanilla, then pour into the flour mixture. Use a whisk (I use an electric whisk) or hand beater to mix wet and dry ingredients. Add mashed banana and whisk again.
- Preheat non-stick pan to medium temperature. Spray pan with olive oil spray.
- Add approximately ¼ cup of the pancake mix to the pan. Be patient, wait until bubbles break through most of the pancake and then flip it over. If it is too brown by the time the bubbles burst, then the pan is too hot. Cook for a few more minutes on the opposite side, check to see if it is golden in colour then move it to the serving plate.
- Top with lots of healthy fruit, nuts and yoghurt (whatever is your Mum’s favourite). Sprinkle with cinnamon and swirl with honey before serving.